16 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

Observation & Reflection
I observed Sedef's class for my first task. After reading the related chapters, I decided on two objectives to observe. ' what kind of roles does the teacher have in the classroom?' was my first objective. these are the roles of the teacher below:
  • resource: she helped with unknown words( to tell literature, she use hyponym technique - authors, novels...)
  • initiator: she gave examples from her own high school years first to encourage them
  • monitoring: she monitored the classroom during self study task.
  • controller: she was really alert and not lem students to deal with off task behaviors.
  • organizer: her instructions were clear and there was no confusion about what to do in class activities.
As a second objective, I focused on communication strategies (gesture, mime, synonyms, paraphrases, cognate words from L1) students used in the classroom. however, rather than students, the teacher used these strategies to make the input more comprehensible. for instance, she used synonym for author ( writer), she also used gestures to some extent. As an additional note, I observed L1 use in students' speech, but not too much, which is OK, i guess for B1.1 level students.

Lastly, I realized the importance of motivation, feedback and organizer as a role once more!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder