21 Ocak 2013 Pazartesi

REFLECTION 2

Today I had a chance to observe my colleague Merve's class. My focus for this week was vocabulary, grammar and reading. For vocabulary teaching, I asked the question 'which techniques are used in vocabulary teaching as an objective. The topic of the day was animals and the teacher used visual aids (powerpoint presentation) to present the topic. There were some unknown animal names for students so with the help of visual aids, Merve could easily make students comprehend the words.  she used verbal explanation to clarify some of the unknown words. So with the help of visual aids and contextualizing, she could provide comprehensible input for the students. For grammar teaching, I  decided to look for inductive / deductive teaching and contextualizing again. they talked about guessing structures ( can't be, possible, likely to...). I can say that they were taught in contextualizing to some extent because they took some exapmle sentences from the listening passage and they put ithem into catagories as possible, not possible, certain. I also had the aim of looking pre reading stage but this hour they didn't deal with reading.  from the meeting, the most important awareness for me was the one with listening part. Teacher Figen asked us whether the teacher asked for the reason or clue i mean the justifrication for the answers in listening part and we said no. At that moment I thought about my previous lessons and I realized that almost no time did I ask my students to justify thier answers for listening. I have always done this for reading, but not for listening. Thus I  can clearly say that this is the most  valuable benefit  of the today's meeting for me, which I'm planning to for my real teaching time.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder