11 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Allison - Friday, November 9th


Wow, what a crazy, but ultimately productive day! I’d say my biggest mistake today was not being able to check my e-mail before beginning class. My schedule was changed and this change began today. I had looked at my schedule the night before, but it must have changed because guess who shows up after I begin an activity, but my co teacher! It turns out my Fridays stayed the same, but both my students and I were confused!
                Coming back to class at my scheduled time, the lesson went extremely well. The grammar point (articles) fit in perfectly with the writings I handed back. The students were able to apply their newly learned grammar skill to their own writings. (the articles were horrendous!)
                The students also enjoyed a brainstorming activity which led into the next section of the unit. This unit discussed different types of animals, so I began the section by putting blank pieces of paper on the walls with headings of different types of animals: mammals, birds, reptiles, wild animals, water animals, domestic animals. I took all of these categorizations out of the book and the photobank, so it would be relevant to the book when we completed these sections. The students were put into groups of 3 or 4 and placed at a paper. They had to think of as many animals as possible and write them down. After about a minute or two, they switched. The only catch was, no dictionaries were allowed! Nearly all of the students were focused on the activity and many mentioned their enjoyment. After this, we had a long list of animals. We discussed the new animals, but now I have a large list and can use them in review games and such. The only problem with this activity is that with all of the animal headings, it did take longer than would normally be allowed. However, we are ahead in the book, so it worked very well in our particular situation! A good day!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder