6 Kasım 2012 Salı

ISIK - REFLECTION 2 (06/11/12)


Today, I had five hours and I did listening, reading and some grammar with my classes. The topic was ‘robots’ as reading, we had an extract from a short story. I tried something new today. Normally I asked my students to read a part the passage one by one, but today I assigned some students with the characters in the reading passage and they read their part in the passage. It was like a role play and it was more enjoyable and attractive for the class. I know it doesn’t work with all reading texts, but if it is a kind of story, if there are speeches, then I advise other teachers to try it. We covered the grammar point causatives ‘have something done. Normally my students are good at grammar since they are repeat students and it isn’t the first time for them.  However, they had some problems with this grammar topic today, maybe because of the reason that it was the first time that they saw it, or maybe it is not a common structure either in English or Turkish. One more thing is that one of my students asked me the difference between this structure and the passives. Some students got confused with these two structures and then I thought whether it is right or not to teacher causatives just after teaching passives. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder