7 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Sedef: Reflection_3

Positive points: Today was a great chance to practise for the MMT based on my students' reactions and comments. I applied lots of tasks of listening and reading. I made them listen to some exercises from a website first. Then we went on with some reading practises and then we switched into listening practise again. the reason why I mixed them is because I didn't want them to be demotivated due to the same pace going on and on in the classroom. We worked on some strategies for listening and writing. Most of them gave their decisions for a question as soon as they heard a word, for example, in a picture of the question. However, at the end they got the point that they needed to understand the whole speaking to decide on the correct alternative. It was a fruitful day to prepare them for MMT.

Negative points: I wish I had printed out the listening and reading activities because I believe that the students would be more focused on the questions if they had some hard copies in their hands. Besides, although I downloaded the MP3 file of the listening in my memory stick, it didn't work in the classroom. I tried to download it in the classroom; but only a small part of it was downloaded. Finally, we listened to it without downloading via email. We were able to fulfill the task but it took some time for me. I wish I hadn't done the reading activities before the listening task with which I had problem. In that way, they could have been engaged in a task while I was trying to solve the problem. because it was an unexpected situation, I couldn't know how I would engage them in a task in this about ten minute-period of time and what task it would be. I wait for your ideas. Thank you in advance. :)  

Sedef KONUK

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder