7 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Kamile: Reflection (07.11.2012)



Kamile: Reflection (07.11.2012)

I had five hours in the morning and two extra hours in the afternoon. In the first two hours I focused on the grammar revision section in the book and I did a listening activity which was quite difficult for my students. Then, in the next three hours we dealt with the readings in the workbook, which was really helpful for the exam they’re going to have tomorrow. Actually, I expected to have more motivated students in the last three hours of the morning session because we were studying on reading comprehension which is the topic of the exam. Unfortunately, they were quite distracted and they were just trying to memorize vocabularies for the exam. They were a bit nervous and it was really tiring to keep them motivated. In the fourth hour we had a quiz, which also made them distracted. As always, in the fifth hour they were hungry and it just passed by trying to attract their attention into the lesson. 
After lunch with my other class I had two hours and we focused on listening as a practice for the exam again. They keep complaining about the make-up lessons that we had just before the exam. However, in my opinion today was really useful because it’s not so easy for the students to practice on reading and listening. On the other hand, today was a bit tiring both for me and for my students. I had difficulty in attracting their attention and motivating them. I don’t know what I could do but it's not really easy to discipline a class just before such an important exam.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder