12 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Kamile: Reflection (12.11.2012)




Kamile: Reflection (12.11.2012)
                                 
After the weekend I had four hours with one of my classes today. There were many absent students in the class. After speaking about their weekend we passed through the book and I wanted my students to read the text they had read on Friday in order to remember what was it about. They went over the text quickly and we focused on the true-false activity. It took time because my students sometimes have their own comments about the sentences they have read. When they insist on making interpretation on the sentences it became really difficult to change their idea. Actually, as a teacher that can be my weakness because I don’t really know how to satisfy them with my explanations in such situations. Then, I presented them the new grammar topic ‘’modal verbs (should, must and have to)’’. Next I provided them with a few example sentences and then I wanted them to make their own sentences and that was the most satisfactory activity of the day for me. Finally, in order to check how well they understood the target grammar topic we did a rewrite activity. I think the activities worked because students completed the activity quite successfully.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder