5 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Reflection # 1: Monday, Nov 5th

Today the heat and Monday jitters got the best of my class. They were extremely responsive, but extra chatty. I had a hard time reigning them in. I have had this problem in the past, when I student taught middle schoolers, so I need to think back into the depths of my memory to conjure up some solutions. I also had difficulty with pacing. I knew we had plenty of time to get though the needed material, so I added in some activities or expanded some from the book, but I couldn't stop thinking about time. For some reason I felt the need to rush through these things. I believe this anxiety created a more talkative and somewhat confused classroom environment. Lesson noted, I just need to chill a bit. Welcome to Monday.

On the plus side, nearly all of my students were attentive to the lessons, although near the end the heat got the better of some. They enjoy doing things a little differently than the book states and enjoy moving around the room. I always like adding this in as well. It's less boring for them and fun for me as well.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder