7 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Merve: Reflection #3 (07.11.2012)


Positive Points : Today was a day for general revision in both of my classes. I used the listening-reading-writing test sent by the unit heads; and I used it as a soft copy. At the beginning, the students were really attentive and engaged; because the material was really helpful for the MMT. We did the listening exercises and we also discussed how to do listening effectively. I mentioned the importance of reading and understanding the questions before listening the text. We also disccussed an important strategy :listening for the keywords. At the end of the session; I believe most of them developed certain strategies for listening. In addition hearing "thank you teacher, this session was wonderful." was really motivating for me! I hope tomorrow in the exam they'll show the same performance.

Negative Points: I wish I had printed out the material and distributed it to my students. Using the material just like the classware was fine, but in the second hour most of the students got tired of reading it from the board. As a result; some of them were lost. I tried to adapt some activities in the material, and gave them some cards to write their answers down and I gave them extra time if they wanted to take notes. But it wasn't very effective. Some students really need hard copies to keep up with. I should have thought this before and prepared the hard copies. I feel sorry for those students today.

Merve Bakkal

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder