6 Kasım 2012 Salı

ISIK - REFLECTION 1
As always, in the first hour, students felt the Monday syndrome J we did some reading and grammar. We read about The Ig Nobel prizes. What took my attention with this reading was that as a post reading activity, we had small discussion and I asked their opinions about these prizes. I asked them ‘what is your favorite research, or would you like to get a prize like this etc’ I expected them to give me answers like yes, I would like to get. However, they criticized these prizes and like an adult, they shared their opinions freely which I was pleased with. Then I realized that they had the competence to express their ideas on a scientific issue to some extent.  One more thing that I would like to share is about the gap filling activity. If the words are given above or in parantheses, or if it is multiple choice activity, then the students have no problems with it they can easily complete it. When there is no word provided and ask students to complete the blanks with one word, then they have certain difficulty in doing this kind of activity. We have done such kind of activity a few times and students’ reactions was like that ‘teacher it is difficult lets do together’ so I’m not sure whether this kind of activity is appropriate for my students level .

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder