6 Kasım 2012 Salı

Sedef: Reflection_2

November 6th - Lesson Reflection 2

Positive Points: The morning session was really OK. The focus was a grammar topic: 'How much/many'. The reading passage on p.50 was very interesting and I arose the students' attention to fill in the blanks. I listened to most of the students' predictions and then announced the right number. They were shocked with the numbers (e.g a person drinks 60.000 litres of water in a lifetime.) Then I wanted them to work in pairs to ask each other questions about the numbers and I gave an example: How many chickens does a person eat in a lifetime? The students were interested in the questions and their answers.

Negative Points: As you all know we had two more lessons today. This influenced the students both physiologically and psychologically. They resisted doing the task and I tried to motivate them indicating that it would be very useful in terms of reading comprehension. I really don't know what else can be done if your students really don't want to fulfill the task that you planned. Plus, I guess I am not good at turning grammar lectures into enjoyable ones..

Sedef KONUK


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder